Things We Love About Fall
1. Apple picking. The bounty we can make from the simple fun of a day at the orchard. Some favorites:
> Caramel Apples by Saveur
> Apple Pie by Tastemaker Where Women Cook
> Apple Strudel by Tastemaker Andrea’s Recipes
2. Pumpkins!! Whether going to a patch, Whole Foods, or your local pumpkin stand, we love carving, cutting, baking and broiling these delights.
> Stuffed Pumpkin with Cheese, Bacon and Chipotle Chiles by Homesick Texan
> Baby Pumpkins with Garlic Custard by Sunset
5. Bake Pies – see #1. Of course, we wouldn’t want to limit you to just apple. Have at it with x, y,z
> Pecan Pie by Wolfgang Puck
7. Casseroles – pull out the casserole dishes. Whether the Jewish High Holy Days, Thanksgiving or just the chill in the air – everybody loves a great casserole!
> Evelyn’s Chicken and Rice Casserole by Tastemaker Joy the Baker
> Enchilada Casserole by Cooking Light
9. Fall produce. While you can get most year round, now is the time to get fresh, organic brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower
> Brussel Sprouts, Quinoa and Spinach by Salad Pride
> Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chili Beans by Sprouted Kitchen
Photograph by Celine Steen
Food, we love you.